LYS Day was created for two reasons: to recognize brick and mortar yarn stores for the work they do, and to honor the people who support them.
Local yarn stores are the backbone of the fiber community. They don't just sell yarn, they provide community and promote the craft. They teach people how to knit and crochet and help fix mistakes. They help people pick out the right yarn for the right project. They bring new people into the love of fiber arts and remind those who haven't picked up a needle or hook in a while why they should pick it up again. They provide a place for old friends to meet up and the opportunity for new friendships to form. They give back to the local community, and so much more!
So we are having a party and we would like you to join us! 🌈
Special LYS Day Hours
*The Craftivist will be celebrating LYS Day 2023 a little differently this year because it coincides with the Inman Park Festival. A parade is lining up in front of the shop on Saturday, 4/29 and the street will be closed. Do not come to shop on Saturday. Dress up as a gnome and join the Inman Park Parade instead!
Here's your shopping guide to The Craftivist's LYS Day celebration (starting Friday, April 28th):
- Be one of the first 50 customers and get an LYS Day 2023 enamel pin with your order. Limit one per customer and while supplies last
- Enter the LYS Day Raffle to win some cool stuff. Drawing will be held at the end of the day on Sunday. Tickets cost $5 and proceeds go to Lost-n-Found Youth
- Purchase two skeins of fingering weight yarn and receive a code for Casapinka's Kitation shawl (designed for LYS Day 2023) and perfect for Emma's Super Silky Bundles
- Purchase Blue Sky Fibers yarn and receive a download code for a free pattern from the Blue Sky Fibers website. Code valid April 28-May 1.
- Purchase Malabrigo yarn for any of the following patterns and get the pattern for free on Ravelry. Code must be redeemed April 29 or 30th
- Jewel a crochet pattern using two hanks of Mechita or Ultimate Sock
- Sloan, a ribbed beanie using two hanks of Rasta
- Tartine, a two color cowl using three hanks of Rios
- Purchase Malabrigo yarn and receive a free Malabrigo pattern pamphlet (available in store). If you are ordering online, we'll pick a pattern to include for you. While supplies last.
- All orders over $75 get a free Craftivist bag and swag (while supplies last)
- All orders over $150 get $20 off (discount applied automatically in-store and online)
- Visit us online on Saturday for more special deals ✨
Be sure to check out:
- Our Special Yarn for LYS Day - Emma's Super Silky Bundles
- Our Featured Knitting Kit, the Dauntless Shawl designed by Vincent Williams using Emma's Drapey Dk
- Our Featured Crochet Kit, designed by Vincent Williams using BzyPeach Pima Cotton DK (coming soon!)
- Our Featured Enamel pin designed especially for LYS Day from Channypeascorner (headed to the shop soon!)
And join us at the table for special LYS Day Knit and Crochet Togethers from 3-5 pm on Friday and Sunday!